Thanksgiving Cooking Safety Tips for Tempe?
Do you know that more home fires happen on Thanksgiving than on any other day of the year in the United States? SERVPRO® of North Tempe and Mesa East wishes everyone in Tempe a happy Thanksgiving and offers these cooking safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
Top 10 safety tips
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey, and check on it frequently
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot, and kids should stay three feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy, or coffee could cause serious burns
- Keep knives out of the reach of children
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer, or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet
- Never leave children alone in a room with a lit candle
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks, or bags
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working
SERVPRO® of North Tempe and Mesa East’s team of highly trained restoration technicians are on-call 24-hours a day to serve Tempe residents and commercial businesses. When you need fire damage restoration services, call us at 480-456-0000.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.