Water Damage Prevention Tips for Meyer Park?
My water bill was unusually high, and I knew it wasn’t because I was using more water. I looked around for leaking pipes and dripping faucets but couldn’t locate any visible signs of leakage. My husband crawled underneath the house and found a line that had been leaking for some time. The floor and floor joists were saturated and damaged by the water.
SERVPRO® of North Tempe and Mesa East has been restoring water damage in Meyer Park for years. We see what happens when routine maintenance is deferred and offer these water damage prevention tips from the Institute for Business and Home Safety:
- Never pour grease down the drain
- Plant trees away from lateral drain lines to prevent roots from damaging piping
- If your home’s sewer system is connected to the city’s sewer system, a particular problem for older homes, or if you are located downhill or below street level, contact a plumbing professional to install a backflow prevention assembly into your sewer system
- Call a professional if you notice signs of a plumbing problem
- An increased monthly water bill
- Banging pipes
- Rust stains
- Moisture in the walls or on the floor
- Signs of wet soil erosion near the foundation
Franchises are independently owned and operated.