Contaminated Water Cleanup in Tempe?
Do you know that raw sewage is grossly unsanitary and can cause severe health effects if ingested? Professionals should only clean this dangerous form of “black water” contamination. SERVPRO® of North Tempe and Mesa East technicians have the training, equipment, and experience to safely mitigate and restore black water contamination. Here are some tips from our website on things you can do while waiting for help to arrive:
What to Do After a Contamination
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health effects
- Floodwater can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform
- Stay out of affected areas
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don’t use television or other household appliances
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
When your Tempe home or commercial business is contaminated by a sewage spill, SERVPRO® of North Tempe and Mesa East’s technicians are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 480-456-0000.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.