Escape Plan Planning in Paradise Valley Homes?
Do you have an escape plan for your household? Our local team in North Tempe, Mesa Central, and Paradise Valley responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year in Paradise Valley and offer these tips for escape planning from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Draw a map of your home showing all doors and windows. Discuss the plan with everyone in your home.
- Know at least two ways out of every room, if possible. Make sure all doors and windows leading outside open easily.
- Have an outside meeting place (like a tree, light pole, or a mailbox) a safe distance away from the home where everyone can meet
- Practice your home fire drill at night and during the day with everyone in your home, twice a year
- Practice using different ways out
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them
- Close doors behind you as you leave as a closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire
- Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area
- Install alarms on every level of the home
- Households with children should consider drawing a floor plan of their home, marking two ways out of each room, including windows and doors
When you have fire damage in your Paradise Valley home or business, our local teams in North Tempe, Mesa Central, and Paradise Valley teams are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 480-456-0000.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.