Storm-Damaged Businesses in North Tempe?
The beginning of March brought unexpected and welcomed rain and hail to Tempe and other parts of Southern Arizona. Our North Tempe, Mesa Central, and Paradise Valley teams responded to several storm damage emergencies in the Tempe area involving roof leaks and other forms of water intrusion. Here are some tips from the Insurance Information Institute for preventing storm damage:
Exterior Inspection and Repair
Water can be prevented from entering a structure’s exterior through routine inspection and maintenance and making repairs as needed.
- Caulk and seal windows
- Inspect the roof for missing and aging shingles
- Check rain gutters and drainage systems and remove any debris
- Check downspouts and clear any clogs and make sure they are draining away from the structure
- Check sprinkler systems and make sure the sprinklers are not spraying water onto the structure and that water is not pooling around the structure’s foundation
- Make sure water drains away from the building.Water is invasive and will quickly find its way into a structure when water is allowed to pool around the foundation. After a storm, or when the ground is saturated by rainwater, the water may enter the foundation wall through any cracks.
You never know when a surprise storm will break out and damage your business or home, but when it does, you can rely on our team in North Tempe, Mesa Central, and Paradise Valley to restore the damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 480-456-0000.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.