Flooding in Tempe?
Flood Preparedness Tips
The City of Tempe’s website has a whole section on floodplain management and is enforcing floodplain management ordinances to reduce future flood damage. SERVPRO® of North Tempe and SERVPRO® of Mesa East has a team of storm mitigation technicians on-call 24-hours a day to respond to flood damage emergencies in Tempe. Here are some tips from the City of Tempe to prepare your home and streets for a flood:
Prepare Your Home
- Trim trees so they are away from windows and roofs
- Clear debris from your roof drainage system, including gutters and downspouts
- Pre-treat pools with a chlorine shock to help prevent algae growth.
- Do not apply fertilizers or other outdoor chemicals before expected storms
- Secure loose items on your property, such as patio and pool furniture
- Unplug expensive electronics (TV, stereo, home entertainment centers, and computers) and/or install power protection devices
Keep Storm Drains Clear of Debris
The flooding of streets, sidewalks, and homes can be much worse if the city's storm drains are blocked by debris. This can be prevented by disposing of yard waste in trash receptacles. If excessive amounts of debris are collecting near a storm drain, call 480-350-4311.
When your home or business experiences a storm damage emergency of any size, SERVPRO® of North Tempe and SERVPRO® of Mesa East is Here to Help.® Call us today at 480-456-0000. We’ll mitigate and remediate your storm damage in Tempe, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.