Space Heater Safety Tips for Tempe?
It gets cold at night in Tempe in January. The average low temperature is 37 degrees Fahrenheit!
SERVPRO® of North Tempe and Mesa East has been restoring fire damage in Tempe for years. Here are some heating equipment safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association to be safe and warm this winter:
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from heating equipment, like the furnace, fireplace, wood stove, or portable space heater
- Have a three-foot “kid-free zone” around open fires and space heaters
- Never use your oven to heat your home
- Have a qualified professional install stationary space heating equipment, water heaters, or central heating equipment according to the local codes and manufacturer’s instructions
- Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional
- Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed
- Always use the right kind of fuel, specified by the manufacturer, for fuel-burning space heaters
- Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks from flying into the room
- Ashes should be cool before putting them in a metal container
- Keep the container a safe distance away from your home
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month
Call Us Today!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.